Dr. Ong has received the following Awards and Distinctions:
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council Doctoral Fellowship, 2004-2007
- Canadian Psychological Association Certificate of Academic Excellence – Masters Thesis Award, 2005
- Ontario Graduate Scholarship, 2004-2005 – Awarded but declined
- Thesis Prize Nomination, Assessing Psychological Correlates of Quality of Life in Atrial Fibrillation, York University, Department of Psychology, April 8, 2004
- Ontario Graduate Scholarship, 2003-2004
- Citation Poster Presentation at the 61st Annual Meeting of the American Psychosomatic Society, Phoenix, March 5, 2003 – Ong L, Nolan R. An evidence-based guide to assessing cognitive-emotional influence on HRV: Do confounds matter?
- York Psychology Graduate Student Association In-house Award for Best Student Conference Presentation, May 1, 2003 – Ong L, Nolan R. Delineating the relationship between methodological quality and effect size in HRV assessments.